On 19/11/2011 20:26, Lord Borthbury wrote:
I looked ridiculous, but at least I knew when it was time to step off
the skateboard and leave it up to the kids
Is there ever a time to step off the skateboard?
Just thought your post was a wee bit Daily-Mail-esque & I probably over reacted, sorry. Made me think of my Dad telling me to "turn that racket down", each generation kicks against the pricks...and we are the pricks now. We all have opinions & we all express ourselves through the way we dress, be it as the landed gentry or under-cover plod. Those kids were an easy cheap shot, and that's why it makes SG feel smug about himself. Small bee in my bonnet.
Photos of us when we were 20 does sound like a good idea though! I looked/sounded like a total dick!
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport