Disport Records rolls nicely toward its 10th release, Would love to hear what you think to this release and the label in general
DR010 Denney - J.A.K.D EP Coming 7th November http://soundcloud.com/disport-records/denney-jakd-e-p-preview
Jamie Jones, laurent Garnier, Jo Mills, Rob Mello, Chris James, DJ Harri, Adam Shelton, Timmy Stewart, Bubba, Affie Yusuf, Phil Weeks, Mark Archer, Colin Dale, Craig Stewart, Rick Preston.
Releasing and remixing on Saved Records, Great Stuff, 20:20 Vision, Leftroom and Bulletdodge Denney’s past productions have gained support from a variety of DJ’s from Laurent Garnier, to Dubfire, to Cirillo, so its no surprise to see him featured on both Radio 1 with a 15 minute producer profile mix and Mixmag naming him a “Future Hero”.
‘Macca’s Track’ kicks the JA.K.D EP off and throbs its way along with a Bass line that even though crystal clear in production disguises itself in the mix as nothing but filthy and relentless, with more bounce than a Chinese laundry this Bass line leads the charge here along side tight percussion, snappy vocal stabs and a solid Kick. This is one for the hottest of floors.
Next up comes ‘Circus Freak’ a combination of Filtered Funk and Acid Tech all wrapped in the delights of Denney’s trademark grooves. This Record is full of energy with hits and shuffles in all the right places halted only by a Jazz influenced breakdown that could only be replicated by a Daft Punk / Duke Ellington love child.
Closing the EP is ‘Old School Rumble’ and this does exactly what it says on the tin. Denney brings the Acid but keeps the funk and bumps through a collaboration of effects and frequency manipulation. This Record Will make you move
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport