i'm using this these days:
doesn't sound as lush as my allen & heath + cdj-1000's... but it's been doing what it says on the tin for me for the last 6 months or so, and it's very reasonably priced for what you get. also it's light, even in a flight case i can carry it up and down steps with one hand no problem... my laptops too old to use the usb feature (a couple more weddings and that'll change!) so i cant speak to the usb integration yet but i haven't heard anything overly negative about that so far so i imagine it'll be fine.
meanwhile my vinyl collection gathers dust, but i cant say i'm bothered. i could see showing up to a club gig with a single bag of records, but there's no way you'd get away with that at a wedding! too many random requests, i know that's how it used to be done but i'm assuming your average wedding dj used to lug around like 6 crates of vinyl along with his soundsystem and cheesy lighting rig...
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport