Ha ha ha. Controlling Serato with a CDJ. How totally and utterly pointless is that?
as i hinted at ... like it or lump it.. i think we are currently in a "transitional period" wrt dj technology.
erm.. dj'ing with cdj (and/or vinyl) + serato ... DOES give dj's a more physical feel (in a dextrous hands on way rather than blundering about with mouse and keyboard)... and ... further, old skool dj's havent got to put life earned skills in the bin and start over again... especially, in those genres that have dj skill as an important part of the musical culture (like hip hop for example - where deck skills are considered uber cool by both artist and audience) .. similar for other styles of music like techno etc where dj's are producing music live from audio sources (on what ever format)... blah blah blah ... dj's in some genres are very "skillful"... there has been a need to facilitate those skills before dj's considered making a career leap to digital.
in the context of digital dj'ing .. cdj is "another interface tool" ... not perfect by any stretch.. and there has been tech issues to overcome (like latency and audio quality etc) ... the tech will continue to change over time... if i were a betting person (which im not) i would bet the next level of dj booth would be a hard wired controller (or a digital mixer with controller or whatever) ... there is no need to stay with old skool adapted technology via interface ... as, not only is vinyl dieing.. cd's are dieing also.
either way... vinyl or cdj .. is a way of controlling the data on the software... i dont think we've seen anything yet, there's much more "development" to come.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport