Cuban House <(Address removed)> said:
I think your opinion may need to be broken down a little bit
more because u just saying a high lead sound it shit doesn't really have
much weight to an opinion!
Papa has provided you with a micro analysis of specific elements of the track, and I think that Papa's neo-semiotic approach to the task in hand has its merits.
In contrast to the musico-textual analysis offered by Papa, I would like to broaden the analytical frame to include a contextual analysis. For me, the track reflects the utter degradation and moral degeneracy of modern dance music and its surrounding cultures. The first time I noticed a proliferation of elongated drum rolls and trance breakdowns was around the 1995 releases of Josh Wink. At the time, it seemed fresh and outrageous. Now, whenever I hear tracks such as "LOCK & CROWN VS THE SHRINK feat LYNX DA KID-STEP UP" I think "what's changed in 16 years?" What's changed is the total incorporation of the utopian house dream within global consumer capitalism, along with the triumph of banality. "Everybody in the club bust champagne". Indeed.
Thanks for posting it up. Meanwhile, here's some Cuban House
- YouTube - Celia Cruz - Elegua (Jose Marquez Remix) www.youtube.com (Visit)
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport