nicely, that's pretty cool bob.. have been watching greg wilsons blog and he's recently done some worthy stuff around "recognition of black culture on uk 70's dance scene" ... kind of thing.
also, as an aside, chart topping uk soul/disco/r&b/funk band "the real thing" came out of toxteth <?>...i believe... listening to them in the 70's (well ... who didnt.. "you to me are everything" is cheryl and my childhood sweatheart "song" ... used to smooch at the disco and snog french to it) .. dont remember being conscious they were a uk band at the time... never thought about it deeply... back in the day ... assumed listening to their music they must obviously be nyc <!>... production was too authentic to be uk .. also, in raya.. we occasionally dropped "can you feel the force" as a kind of politico anthem and a song that at the time was trying to surf the enormous star wars hype around (listen up suddi) ... i have "can you feel the force" on yellow 12 .. i fine anthem for egypt this week :)
also .. their second album features some "ghetto" stuff.. writing based around experiences growing up in liverpool... there's a great song called stanhope street, which liverpool people will know is an "infamous" city landmark.
cheryl and my mum are going to see them soon (for some weird reason they come to andover quite often to play ... the show always sells out fast.. with a lot of middle aged people smiling, creaking and dancing in the isles etc lol .. nothing "wrong" with a bit of nostalgia)
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport