steve the oneandonly <(Address removed)> said:
that just highlights how
i struggle with the new interface
I've gone "back to basics" by opting for a daily email digest. in which there is a "reply via the web" option.
FWIW I found the new-look website interface confusing and counter-intuitive... I had a couple of goes when I had a couple of wee lurks before resubbing - and then realised I could just bypass the whole thing and just go back to daily digest mode. which is actually quite liberating!
(btw - I don't do twitter (so far - and haven't had time/inclination/headspace to get stuck in) and check in to fb but don't get bogged down too much on there with groups and the like. so maybe I'm missing out on a lot of former uk-d traffic that may or may not be going on elsewhere?)
Anyway, it'd be a shame if uk-d called it a day, but I'm glad I've returned after a lengthy absence. This was one of the first interweb places I hung out on, and really has been the initial catalyst for so much... I really do hope that can continue, in whatever form seems best :)
In response to
- Re: Some thoughts on the state of UKD steve the oneandonly
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport