There was a noticable element of the crowd that came straight from Skins, bad clothes, patter and taste in music, all doing laughing gas. At the same time harmless enough and it's a given right to be an arse at that age.
Music - K&D, did 3 hits off Sessions then announced, that was K&D past, this is K&D future. Then proceeded to do about an hour and a half of excellent deep house. Only spoilers were a Jaguar by numbers copy and superstyling geeetar and mc show finisher. However myself and mates all came away beaming and full of praise.
Caught most of 20/20 Soundsystem who were good then Weatherall. Started with some electro disco numbers which where ok as a warm up, then the deep stuff building it up to some right wallopers at the end. Overall it felt like edited highlights of different types of Weatherall sets which is kinda a good and bad thing. Not moaning though, I was goosed and smiled, gurned and danced my way through the lot of it.
Straight after Weatherall was Henrik Schwarz. Playing his own tracks and remixes on ableton. He's also invented this plug in thats puts chords in the correct key when playing live. Loads dinking up and down the scales over tracks so this obviously getting an airing too. Started off with his own mix of Equinox - Code 718, sublime remix of an old 92 Strictly number. Other highlights were the Detriot Experiment and proper amazing remix of Visti & Meyland - Yes Maam.
Also enjoyed and was annoyed by various bits and bobs when just walking about and lying on the grass, best bits were Greg Wilson playing Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm at sunset on the Sunday, and the dub and dancehall being played at Mr Scruff's cafe afterwards.
First Big Chill and had fairly stressless, quality time with mates and music.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport