I personally think 2009 has been a belter for dance music.
Drum and Bass has been doing big things for me again, it's really ravey, but pushing sounds and ideas that haven't been explored before - reminds me a lot of the 92-94 Jungle Tekno period.
Dubstep too, not been as much into it this year as I was last, but I'm still going to Volume! each month if work doesn't get in the way (going tonight - tiny venue on till 5am, fiver to get in!) and our man Hostage has proven that the sound works in conjunction with electrohouse bangers with his Get Messy remix... for me the tune of the year.
Pop wise it took a while but I can definitely say I'm a Lady Gaga fan now. Fave pop single was Lily Allen's The Fear, fave moment was Katy Perry doing Hot n Cold when she brought the Cali sun to Fife for T in the Park.
Personally I'm shocked I have put in a full year doing the Sonicsring podcast. Twitter has kind of taken over my life a bit too. Oh and this year I finally "got" the Wii thanks to Madworld, Dead Space Extraction, No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros and Mario Galaxy. Musically I got the Korg Nano set at the start of this month and it's made my process easier... was writing some dubstep last night. I promise I'll have something new out next year :D
In response to
- Re: The rather scant (I expect) Best Of 2009 thread Lord Borthbury
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport