I am gonna steal a thread from Faith........what are your top 3 Dance (House, Techno, Dub, Grime, flip flop, blah, blah, etc) tunes of the decade.
Be nice to hear why as well.
Mine in no particular order are
1. Jill Scott - Not Like Crazy (Quentin Harris QT's Crazed Shelter Vocal)
In a year when there were so many amazing tech/minimal tracks about I have picked a vocal track. But what a vocal coupled with QH's techy swingy beats. To me this track has a real wild pitch vibe to it in the way that it just builds and builds with the subtle key changes.
2. Matt O'Brien - Serotone (Radio Slave's Panorama Garage Remix)
Mentazm gets K'd up. Radio Slave has been Ubiquitous in the 00's yet the quality has remained the same. I remember hearing this at about 3 in the morning at Late Night Audio a couple of years ago. A proper 'what the fuck is this' whack to the chops.
3. Roland Appel - Dark Soldier.
A House Symphony. End of.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport