Lord Borthbury <(Address removed)> said:
s M i l e <(Address removed)> said:
I remember going to see Depeche Mode's Construction Time Again tour in
With the exception of some local free festivals, my first 'proper' gig was Depeche Mode, Construction Time Again tour, at the Brighton Dome. 1983?
good thread... first gig was being dragged along to Bob Dylan in 78 by some hippy relative - was bored outta my mind (still haven't 'got' Dylan). Can't remember my first voluntary gig so I just dug a pile of tickets I kept as a teenagaer and in 1980-81 I saw Madness, Tenpole Tudor, Teardrop Explodes, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Depeche Mode, Human League, Hazel O'Connor, Toyah, The Modettes, Classix Nouveaux, Cocteau Twins and Bow Wow Wow. Most memorable was Siousxie (amazing lights and just a fab show) and Bow Wow Wow (it was their first gig, a pre Culture Club Boy George sang for them too, they had a fairground in the venue). In 82 I saw Queen and Bowie and was really underwhelmed by Bowie (past his sell by date) and even though it was uncool at the time, blown away by Queen.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport