dub kult <(Address removed)> said:
Dave Anderson <(Address removed)> said:
Interesting concept, tho if there's no downloads I'd be tempted to
record the output of stuff I loved – Spotify could dissapear tomorrow.
And have major labels signed up to this?
yup, but not all significant indies
If so, then I'm slightly confused – unless they have a vast number of
advertisers feeding the label payments, then if you have the risk of a
situation where you get lots of for-free subscribers who will live with
the adverts for free music, and where then does the label/musician get
they get a split of advertising revenue – ie pretty much fuck all
Also, do you need to be MCPS registered or whatever to receive
payments, or can you upload your own tracks and bank details as a
copyright holder, and get direct payout?
i imagine you'll have to be MCPS reg and you'll get royalties from your label too.
- they get a split of advertising revenue – ie pretty much fuck all
NOw this i wasnt sure about at all... everybody (ive only spoken to the punters) are so in awe of this beautiful machine that they think its wet dream come true... So Dub says theres lots of indies missing.. ijm prob too much of a poptart to notice it too much
Now as far as major, yes they all seemed to have signed up but the fact that jhardly any money is bering distributed is obviously not good for many... but it seems to be so popular that I can see ad pricees hiking and this becoming a very very important outlet... almost EVERYBODY i know uses it... so (fingers crossed) more and more money will be made per track and it will be so popular that some serious cash will go back to artists... hopefully.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport