Dave Anderson <(Address removed)> said:
Interesting concept, tho if there's no downloads I'd be tempted to
record the output of stuff I loved – Spotify could dissapear tomorrow.
And have major labels signed up to this?
yup, but not all significant indies
If so, then I'm slightly confused – unless they have a vast number of
advertisers feeding the label payments, then if you have the risk of a
situation where you get lots of for-free subscribers who will live with
the adverts for free music, and where then does the label/musician get
they get a split of advertising revenue – ie pretty much fuck all
Also, do you need to be MCPS registered or whatever to receive
payments, or can you upload your own tracks and bank details as a
copyright holder, and get direct payout?
i imagine you'll have to be MCPS reg and you'll get royalties from your label too.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport