Lou Lou <(Address removed)> said:
We saw Orbital at Big Chill three weeks ago. They were just as good as I
remembered, if not far better. Blinding set!
Of course there's some nostalgia on the part of the audience...
I'm just worried in case I'm slipping into the 90s dance equivalent of those awful 80s package tours you see advertised in the run up to xmas. Unlike rock, dance was supposed to be about always moving things forward so a part of me balks at the idea of looking back. But Orbital always were bloody good live!
Don't know if I'd recommend the whole Clapham Common enterprise, not my cup
of tea, but...
Yeah, I went to one of the Lovebox events a couple of years back and despite some good acts the whole vibe was pretty grim.
PS there's an afterparty later in Brixton with Phil H.
What kind of set does he do these days? Last time I heard him it was a bit on the crusty trance side and didn't really do it for me.
From our sources
- bat020: puts Morsi's amnesty into perspective >> 25 Mubarak officials accused of orchestrating "Battle of the Camels" acquitted http://t.co/CdOdT6um
- bat020: Mitt needs to learn how to count. SAYS THE COUNT. http://t.co/FaMQC03x
- bat020: @domfox @kit_withnail "check" as in "restrain" is the primary meaning I guess. the terminology just serves to encourage m/c narcissism.
- thesvelteone: Off to @BarbicanCentre for Aphex Twin Remote Orchestra. I've seen what I'm supposed to expect, but I'm not sure it's going to be any good...
- Lommination: Pigeon with a knackered wing
- Lommination: Somebody needs to invent a soft drink bottle that stays upright in a shopping bag when going round a corner on public transport